Sunday, October 21, 2007

#22

Trying to find relevant books on NetLibrary and the library's Digital Books proved slightly challenging. I tried searching for topics pertaining to learning French on the Digital Books, and I finally figured out that I had to just type "French" in the "All" category. There aren't any nicely controlled subject headings or cross-references, so my search just seemed to be sort of hit-or-miss. The search also brought up titles not relevant. Nevertheless, I got several results that I was interested in.
Searching for the same topic under NetLibrary proved fruitless. Results were few and not relevant. I realized that just looking at the list of ebooks available that many books are several years old, so someone searching for the latest on a topic would be wise in choosing another resource. Even so, it is easy to click on a title and immediately retrieve the book to start reading.

No comments: