Tuesday, October 9, 2007

del.icio.us

I'll admit that when I first started looking at this site I was unenthused, but after I read more in-depth, I began to realize the benefits and values of it. As an avid bookmarker, I was pleased to see that I could import my existing super-sized list of bookmarks (I thought I was going to have to manually rebookmark everything). I like the fact that I can access these bookmarks from any computer with Internet access. I also like being able to view other users' bookmarks which allows me to see how many other people share my interests. Because you can use custom tags to organize your bookmarks, you can add tags that normally wouldn't be associated with the URL that you are saving. Conversely, one can search for a term and find information and URLs that they may not have even known existed.

No comments: